Sunday 15 July 2012

Key Learning Points

Chapter 1:

From this chapter, I learned about confronting personal beliefs. Proclaiming that "I'm not good at Mathematics", is just an excuse. Anyone can learn Math! I guess it is not about being good at Math, but more about the purpose and  how one goes about learning and doing it. Instead of focusing on the right answers, we should think and talk more about Mathematics instead. With this different mindset, I believe we (teachers) will be more open towards Math, and eventually become more confident in teaching Math to our children.

Chapter 2: 

From this Chapter, I learned the importance of having connection between Mathematics and the world. Teaching students equations is one thing, but teaching them the connection to the world is another. They would not know, unless we teach it to them. With connection to the world, it will indefinitely make the equations more valuable and meaningful to the students. As we create the culture for learning, the way students think about Math changes. From "What do you want me to do?" to "I think I am going to..."
Students become more independent and inquisitive, rather than waiting and depending on their teachers for answers.


Math is a science of concepts that have a pattern of regularity and logical order.

No comments:

Post a Comment